Luxurious moist apple cake perfect for lazy Sundays!
So rich, so delicious and so easy to make.
- 1 cup (125 g) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup (115 g) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ⅔ cup (135 g) sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla powder or vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp dark rum
- 2 baking apples (Grany Smith, Fuji, Honeycrisp)
- icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 175 °C
- In a small bowl mix the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Peel and cut apples into 1 cm pieces.
- Using a mixer cream the butter and granulated sugar for about 3 min (until light and fluffy).
- Add eggs, one at a time. Scrape down the sides of the bowl after each addition.
- Add vanilla and rum.
- Add the dry mixture with flour and mix on low speed until just combined.
- Add chopped apples and combine gently with a spatula.
- In a greased 22 cm cake pan add batter and even the top.
- Sprinkle with 1 tbsp of granulated sugar.
- Bake for 40 min or until the cake is golden and a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool down for a bit.
- Using a fine sieve, dust with icing sugar.