Raw desserts are fresh, flavourful, indulgent treats with clean ingredients, and don't require any baking.
For some of us with a sweet tooth, a meal is incomplete if it does not end with a dessert. Raw cake with blueberries is one of our favourites! The base is made from dates and walnuts, so it's sweet and nutty, and filling made from delicious blueberries, walnuts and coconut!
- 1 cup (125 g) walnuts
- 8 dates, pitted
- 2 tbsp raw cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp water
- pinch of fleur de sel
- ¼ cup (40 g) of cashew
- ½ cup (125 ml) of coconut milk
- ¼ cup (25 g) of fresh or frozen berries
- ½ tsp vanilla powder
- 1 tbsp raw honey with blueberries
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Process crust ingredients until mixture resemble fine crumbs.
- Press crust into the springform pan (20 cm or larger)
- Place it in the freezer while making the filling.
- Blend filling ingredients.
- Remove the cake pan from the freezer and pour the filling on the top of the crust.
- Put back in the freezer for another 4-6 hours until the filling has set.
- When the filling is ready, take the cake from the freezer and remove sides of the cake carefully, decorate with the fresh berries and edible flowers and let thaw for 15-20 minutes before serving. Voilà!
- Enjoy this healthy dessert!