Making the best extra virgin olive oil takes determination, hard work, skills and obsessive attention to every detail.
All award-winning olive oils have the following characteristics in common:
- Fruitiness - Every good olive oil should be fresh and fruity.
- Bitterness - Freshly picked from the tree, olives are bitter; thus, every good olive oil must be bitter.
- Pungency - Healthy phenolic compounds in fresh and high-quality olive oils should induce a cough sting on the throat.
- Complexity - The best oils take us on a complex sensory journey and elevate the taste of our foods.
- Balance - A perfect balance of flavours, fruitiness and bitterness sets apart exceptional from other ordinary olive oils.