Conchiglioni is a perfect pasta for holding the prosciutto and ricotta to enjoy the rich flavours together in perfect unison. When peas aren’t in the season, go for frozen.
Serves: 4 people
- 500 g Monograno Felicetti “Matt” conchiglioni
- 2 cloves of garlic, slivered
- 2 cups fresh english peas, shelled, blanched and shocked in ice water or frozen
- 4 mint leaves, slivered
- 4 slices superior quality prosciutto, chopped
- 1 large tablespoon superior quality ricotta
- ½ bunch flat leaf parsley, chopped
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 2 tbsp premium extra virgin olive oil
- Parmesan grated to taste
- salt to taste
- Boil conchiglioni in lightly salted water, according to instructions on the packaging.
- Sauté garlic in olive oil in a pan large enough to hold the pasta.
- Add prosciutto and let warm through.
- Add peas.
- Toss mixture with cooked pasta, ricotta, mint, and parsley off the heat.
- Mix vigorously to incorporate ricotta, but take care not to break pasta shells.
- Top with grated parmesan.