The Norwegian cold weather calls for oven-baked pasta with a lovely smell of mushrooms. Timballo is Italian baked pasta; it is similar to a casserole.
- 500 g Penne Rigate
- 500 g fresh or frozen mushrooms
- 150 g grated Grana Padano cheese
- extra virgin olive oil
For pasta matta:
- 250 g flour
- 120 ml lukewarm water
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Set oven to 180°C.
- First, prepare dough that you will wrap pasta in it. This dough is called "pasta matta" or "crazy dough" in Italy. You will make pasta matta with flour, water and extra virgin olive oil.
- Prepare mushroom over medium heat in a pan, along with olive oil, garlic and a sprinkle of salt.
- Meanwhile, cook Penne Rigate very much al dente; drain them and add to the mushrooms' saucepan with a generous amount of grated Grana Padano or Parmigiano Reggiano cheese.
- Now, roll half of the pasta matta relatively thin and line the casserole mould. Fill it with cooked penne and mushrooms, then cover it with the other half of the dough. Trim exceeding border and seal up the dough all around; straight to a pre-heated oven at 180°C for about 30 minutes.
- Cool gently, cut into portions and enjoy!