The flavours from roasting the cauliflower make this soup stand out from any other cauliflower soup!
- 1 large cauliflower, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 L (4 cups) vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp (30 g) unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 tbsp parsley, chives or green onion, finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 215 °C.
- On a baking tray toss the cauliflower with 2 tbsp of olive oil and season it with salt.
- Bake cauliflower for about 25-30 min, tossing it halfway.
- When cauliflower is almost done, over medium heat warm in a soup pot 1 tbsp olive oil.
- Add onion and ¼ tsp salt. Cook about 5-7 min until onion is turning translucent.
- Add garlic. Cook for about 30 sec.
- Add broth and transfer cauliflower to the pot.
- Increase the heat to medium-high to bring mixture to simmer.
- Reduce heat as necessary to maintain a gentle simmer.
- Cook, occasionally stirring for 20 min.
- Once done, let it cool for a few minutes.
- Blend it with a hand mixer into a creamy soup.
- Add butter and blend until smooth.
- Add lemon juice and nutmeg and blend it again.
- If necessary, add additional salt to taste.
- Top individual servings with herbs of your choice and freshly squeezed lemon juice.