The old-school Italian recipe and the best way to use old bread!
- 1 kg ripe red tomatoes
- 50 g of celery, carrot and onion, chopped & mixed
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 500 g bread (one day old)
- extra-virgin olive oil “Il Sincero”
- salt and pepper
- Blanch ripe tomatoes in boiling water for 1 minute.
- Cool tomatoes off, then remove skins.
- Quarter, remove seeds and chop tomatoes into pieces.
- Fry the garlic, celery, carrot and onion in the oil.
- Add the tomatoes to the pan with ½ litre of water. Add salt and pepper.
- Boil for around 20 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, add the bread cut into cubes.
- When the bread softens, blend with a whisk.
- Add the chopped basil leaves and extra-virgin olive oil.