This easy dish is fresh, tasty and full of flavour.
Make our roasted tomato and olive tapenade bruschetta as a classic Italian starter.
- 900 g fresh tomatoes, quartered
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- fleur de sel & pepper
- 2 cups (360 g) kalamata or other favourite olives, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cups (45 g) capers, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh basil
- 1 tbsp parsley
- Preheat oven to 230 °C
- Toss tomatoes, garlic, thyme and rosemary with olive oil, balsamic, salt and pepper
- Place tomatoes on a baking sheet lined with parchment and roast for 20 to 30 min or until they start to wilt and brown.
- Remove them from the oven and set aside to cool enough to handle.
- Roughly chop tomatoes, being careful to reserve any juices.
- Place tomatoes in a large bowl together with chopped olives, capers, fresh basil and parsley and toss gently to combine.
- Serve with toasted bread for an appetizer or on top of grilled chicken or salmon for the main course.